The four perspectives are:
Each of us have all of these functions within us, but they are juxtaposed differently. Some people are strong on sensation, weak on intuition. Others live in their heads (thinking) but are very low on feeling.
People with a dominant sensate function want:
- clear direction
- a hierarchy of command
- solid commitment
- clearcut boundaries
- tight organisation.
People with the intuitive function dominant are conscious of transcendance. They believe:
- in the spiritual
- in sixth sense
- that the vision will transform
- that behind everything lies a greater power.
People with a dominant thinking function:
- are interested in ideas
- tend to be intellectual
- want something to be involved in, something to do
- want to create something new together
- are interested in the product more than the process.
People with a dominant feeling function:
- want to be in right relationship
- are into solidarity and support groups
- see people in terms of relationships
- respond to ideas and events through their feelings
- see relationships as coming first.